Inputs control where Reflex gets Alert/Alarm data for analysts to work with. Inputs are consumed by Agents, which then are tasked with polling that Input for data and processing it into a format the Reflex API can understand.
Current Plugin Support
At this time, Reflex only supports the Elasticsearch plugin.
To create a new input, the following steps can be used:
- Navigate to the Inputs page
- Give your Input a friendly name and provide a description
- Select the Plugin you want to use (e.g.
- Select the Credential this Input should use to connect to Elasticsearch (See Credentials if you haven't created any yet)
- Supply the remaining configurations and field mappings
- Select the MITRE data sources that apply
- Confirm the input configurations
In order for the Input plugin to properly work, specific configuration must be done.
Event Base Configuration
- Event Title Field: title of the Events as they will appear in the Event Queue
- Description Field: description to be extracted for the Event
- Reference Field: defines a field that will provide a unique value each Event
- Severity Field: field that determines the severity of the Event on a scale of 1-4
- Original Date Field: preserves the original time the alert was generated
- Tag Fields: fields to derive tags from that will appear on the side of an Event card
- Signature Fields: a field or combination of fields used to compute an Event's signature
- Search Size: define the number of Events to return each poll
- Search Period: determines how far back in time to go in the source index
- Static Tags: tags that will always be applied to these Events
Field mappings control how source data is mapped to a data type in Reflex. These mappings extract data that will appear in the form of Observables on Event cards. For example, mapping an IP address to the
IP data type will allow you to conduct CIDR notation checks using RQL.
Data sources allow you to define what specific data sources (logs) will be provided for this input when aligned with the MITRE ATT&CK framework of attack techniques and tactics. By utilizing these data sources, Detections can automatically recommend other Detections that require specific data sources.
**This feature is still in the beta phase